Global Mapper Pro

adding image

energy
energy Global Mapper UserTrusted User
Hi
I'd like to add a imge on screen, when I click the point,area etc, image is opened, the shortest way is creating image point?
I saw in the last webinar like this as adding office.png(00.34.14) I tried but I could not.  How can I add or create a image on screen shortly?

Thanks..

Answers

• geomannie
    geomannie Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Hi

The answer depends on what you want to do.

• If you want to have an image such as company logo always on screen, say in the top right of the screen, go to "File, Open file at fixed screen location", select your image, and then set the image size/location option to suit. It will always appear at the same size/screen location as you pan and zoom in and out.
    • If you want an image at a fixed point, go to "File, Open", select your image and then select as "Load as Picture Point Feature as Selected Loction". You will have to type in the image coordinates.
    • If you want to have the image (e.g. raster map) georeferenced, open as above and select manually geo-reference image. If you do this, you will need the coordinates of a number of points within the image, the 4 corner points for best. If you do this, the image will move and resize as you pan and zoom in and out.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

geomannie
  • energy
    energy Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Yes I want to create an image at a fixed point, I do like you said above, in spite there is an image in control center as a layer, I dont see any image on the screen??
  • geomannie
    geomannie Global Mapper User Trusted User
    That is the expected behaviour. As far as I know there is no option to display an image thumbnail at a point location, though I agree that this would be a good option.