Importing SHP charset problem

Hello, I have many shapefiles from Germany, France and Italy an though characters like "ß", "é" etc. and I don't manage to get them imported to Global mapper (v13) correctly. I tried to check "Shape/DBF Format: Convert UTF-8 Text on import" and "Use DOS character sets for default label fonts" but that doesn't work. How can I ...? Thank you!

Answers

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,026
    We have made many improvements to how character sets are handled in Global Mapper since v13.  I suggest upgrading to the latest version (currently v16, but very soon to be v17).
  • DanielleCDanielleC Posts: 3Trusted User
    RalleG,
    Thank you for your ongoing use of Global Mapper and interest in upgrading. Please send an email to gmorders@bluemarblegeo.com and we will provide a quote to upgrade your existing version 13 license. You can download the currently supported version and request a trial license from the website anytime : http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/products/global-mapper-download.php. An evaluation is the best way to look at the latest changes and features to see how then can improve your workflow. If you have any questions please let me know.

Sincerely,

Danielle Caron, Inside Sales/ Operations Manager
    Blue Marble Geographics, 22 Carriage Lane, Hallowell, ME, 04347 USA
    T: +1 (207) 622-4622 ex. 113 :: TF: (800) 616-2725 ex. 113 daniellec@bluemarblegeo.com