Raster histogram within feature boundary

TreebeardTreebeard Global Mapper UserPosts: 25Trusted User
I need to query raster statistics within a feature boundary. Is there a way to select a feature then generate a histogram of values within the bounded area located within a larger raster extent? I do not want to have to use the feature boundary to export a raster (using the boundary as a crop to selected features), then reimport the cropped area and check - metadata - histogram that way. I want to compare the change in values and distribution between two separate rasters within the same boundary.

Thanks!

Answers

• TreebeardTreebeard Global Mapper User Posts: 25Trusted User
    Anyone? Please?
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,026
    Hello,

Currently, Global Mapper can not create a histogram of values within a single feature; the histogram uses data from an entire layer. The workflow you describe is the only way to do this.

I have added feature request #16050 to our task list so we can evaluate inclusion of functionality to create a histogram of data within the bounds of a single feature in a future version of Global Mapper. We will post back to this thread when the status of that feature request changes.

Cheers,

Bob
    Thanks Bob, this would be tremendously useful.
    Any progress on this request? Thanks
    Unfortunately, as of now, the feature request has not been scheduled for implementation.
    Any progress on this request? Thanks
    Hello,

Still no change in the status.

Cheers,

Bob