Global Mapper Pro

issue when simulating water level

JSL
JSL Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited June 2015 in Elevation Data
Hi, I can't seem to change the resolution of the water rise area, even when clicking on the resolution button.
The default when I pull up the screen is Box average 9x9:
1st.png

...but when I change it to nearest neighbor, the X-Y coordinates don't change:
2nd.png
...and the resulting water rise area is at the same resolution whether I select Box Average 9x9 or nearest neighbor for the resolution:

Watershed area using 9x9:
3rd.png

Watershed area using nearest area:
4.png

Also, this is a bit nitpicky, but it would be nice if the dialog box would automatically revert to the last setting, instead of always selecting Box Average 9x9 and checking both options above that:

5.png

Thanks for any help.
1st.png 434.2K
2nd.png 434.5K
3rd.png 627.7K
4.png 629.5K
5.png 458.4K

Comments

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited June 2015
    Hi,

What version of Global Mapper are you using? Using the most recent daily build (v16.2.3 b062515), I don't see it keeping the previous setting for Resampling -- it always reverts to the "Default (Resample if Needed)" option along with the default resolution when I open the dialog.

You can get the latest daily build here: Global Mapper Downloads. Simply download the appropriate installer and run it to install the latest build.

I did notice that if I change the resampling to "Box Average (9x9)" is changes the resolution number, but when I change back to the default setting, the resolution does not change back to the default setting. I will open a bug for that. Closing and reopening the dialog should revert it back to the default resolution, though.

Cheers,

Bob
  • bmg_mike
    bmg_mike Global Mapper Guru Moderator, Trusted User
    edited June 2015
    I've updated the resampling box behavior so if you go from a box resampler back to a default one and haven't manually changed the sampling, you get back the default sampling for the data. I have placed new builds with the latest changes at Global Mapper Downloads for you to try.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • JSL
    JSL Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the quick response, Mike!