KP markers

sarahmunfordsarahmunford Global Mapper UserPosts: 6
edited June 2015 in Technical Support
Hello,

I have created a route in GM and I would like to add markers every 1 kilometer along the route, can someone please tell me how I can do this?

I have tried the 'create point features spaced along selected feature' but it just keeps making points at the vertices and not 1 km apart.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Sarah

Comments

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,264
    edited June 2015
    Hello,

Is your route made up of a single line feature, or is each segment in the route a separate feature? If the latter, you will need to use the "Crop/Combine/Split Functions->COMBINE - Combine selected line features" to make a single feature, then use that feature to create your markers.

Cheers,

Bob
  • sarahmunfordsarahmunford Global Mapper User Posts: 6
    edited June 2015
    Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply, my route is a single line feature but it still will not work, is there another way?

Thanks,

Sarah
  • Ice Age MarkIce Age Mark Global Mapper User Posts: 324Trusted User
    edited June 2015
    Hi Sarah,

Try this: Select the whole line, right click and go to "Move/reshape features", then pick "resample/split" from the list. On the resample dialog choose to resample at a fixed distance interval, and check the box to "keep all original vertices. That should create new points 1km apart and leave the original line intact. It seemed to work for me.

Good luck,

Mark
  • sarahmunfordsarahmunford Global Mapper User Posts: 6
    edited June 2015
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the tip..but it is still not working :confused:.

Sarah
    edited June 2015
    Hi Sarah,

Can you post your route data so I can give it a try? This could be the source file or a workspace that contains an embedded overlay, if that is what you have. It is easiest if you put the data into a zip archive.

Also, what version of Global Mapper are you using?

Cheers,

Bob
    edited June 2015
    Hi Sarah,

I will be out of the office until the middle of next week. I recommend sending your data, along with a description of your work flow and results to the Blue Marble Geographics support team at geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com. They will be able to assess the situation to determine what is happening.

Cheers,

Bob