Global Mapper v25.0

Error Closing Layer

RSVector
RSVector Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited June 2015 in Technical Support
I get the following stack dump when attempting to load layers and Export Web from a script (I get the same error 3 times, one for each State).

Global Mapper v16.2.0 (b051815) [64-bit] - REGISTERED

Error closing layer.
GlobalMapperInterface.cpp - 2041
Version: v16.2.0 (64-bit)
Build Time: May 18 2015 15:12:18

Stack Trace:
0000000140133EBC (global_mapper)
00000001401356BE (global_mapper)
00000001404D604E (global_mapper)
00000001404D6C3C (global_mapper)
0000000140AF1DA8 (global_mapper)
0000000140AF78B5 (global_mapper)
0000000140AF03B9 (global_mapper)
000000014005BC36 (global_mapper)
000007FEDC8DC554 (mfc110)
00000001420129A0 (global_mapper)
0000000076B059CD (kernel32)
0000000076D3B981 (ntdll)

Memory: 14,517,448,704 of 17,080,516,608 available, GDI Usage: 69 GDI (Peak 73), 14 User (Peak 26)

The script is:

GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT VERSION=1.00

// Runs outside GM - called from BAT file

DEFINE_PROJ PROJ_NAME="GEO_WGS84"
Projection GEOGRAPHIC
Datum WGS84
Zunits NO
Units DD
Xshift 0.000000
Yshift 0.000000
Parameters
0 0 0.00000 /* longitude of center of projection
END_DEFINE_PROJ

// Create files from the state level XYZ file
IMPORT_ASCII TYPE=POINT_AND_LINE PROJ="GEO_WGS84" FILENAME="C:\Trail Masters\ATV Maps\Build\XYZ New Hampshire.xyz"
IMPORT_ASCII TYPE=POINT_AND_LINE PROJ="GEO_WGS84" FILENAME="C:\Trail Masters\ATV Maps\Build\XYZ Maine.xyz"
IMPORT_ASCII TYPE=POINT_AND_LINE PROJ="GEO_WGS84" FILENAME="C:\Trail Masters\ATV Maps\Build\XYZ Vermont.xyz"

SET_LAYER_OPTIONS FILENAME="*" HIDDEN=YES
SET_LAYER_OPTIONS FILENAME="C:\Trail Masters\ATV Maps\Build\XYZ Maine.xyz" HIDDEN=NO
EXPORT_WEB FILENAME="C:\Trail Masters\ATV Maps\Build\SQliteDB Files\ATV Maine.sqlitedb" TYPE=RMAPS MAX_ZOOM_LEVEL="10" NUM_ZOOM_LEVELS="3" IMAGE_FORMAT="PNG" WEB_TRANSPARENT_TILES="YES" WEB_SKIP_EMPTY_TILES="YES"

SET_LAYER_OPTIONS FILENAME="C:\Trail Masters\ATV Maps\Build\XYZ New Hampshire.xyz" HIDDEN=NO
EXPORT_WEB FILENAME="C:\Trail Masters\ATV Maps\Build\SQliteDB Files\ATV New Hampshire.sqlitedb" TYPE=RMAPS MAX_ZOOM_LEVEL="10" NUM_ZOOM_LEVELS="3" IMAGE_FORMAT="PNG" WEB_TRANSPARENT_TILES="YES" WEB_SKIP_EMPTY_TILES="YES"

SET_LAYER_OPTIONS FILENAME="C:\Trail Masters\ATV Maps\Build\XYZ Vermont.xyz" HIDDEN=NO
EXPORT_WEB FILENAME="C:\Trail Masters\ATV Maps\Build\SQliteDB Files\ATV Vermont.sqlitedb" TYPE=RMAPS MAX_ZOOM_LEVEL="10" NUM_ZOOM_LEVELS="3" IMAGE_FORMAT="PNG" WEB_TRANSPARENT_TILES="YES" WEB_SKIP_EMPTY_TILES="YES"

Comments

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited June 2015
    Hello,

Can you tell if you are getting the errors on the import or export?

Please add a SET_LOG_FILE command as the next line after the GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT command, and attach the resulting log file here. That should give me more information about where the error is happening. Thanks.

SET_LOG_FILE
    The SET_LOG_FILE command sets the name of the file to log status, warning, and error messages to. If the log file specified already exists, the messages will be appended to the end of it. The following parameters are supported by the command.
    • FILENAME - full path to log file to write messages to

Cheers,

Bob
  • RSVector
    RSVector Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited June 2015
    Here is the log....

Running Script at: 6/2/2015 9:23:23 AM
    Global Mapper v16.2 (b051815) [64-bit]
    Importing ASCII file C:\Trail Masters\ATV Maps\Build\XYZ New Hampshire.xyz...
    WARNING: Unknown COORD_ORDER value, X_FIRST will be used.
    Importing ASCII file C:\Trail Masters\ATV Maps\Build\XYZ Maine.xyz...
    Importing ASCII file C:\Trail Masters\ATV Maps\Build\XYZ Vermont.xyz...
    Updating loaded layer options...
    Exporting data to C:\Trail Masters\ATV Maps\Build\SQliteDB Files\ATV Maine.sqlitedb...
    EXPORT_WEB completed successfully
    Exporting data to C:\Trail Masters\ATV Maps\Build\SQliteDB Files\ATV New Hampshire.sqlitedb...
    Exporting data to C:\Trail Masters\ATV Maps\Build\SQliteDB Files\ATV Vermont.sqlitedb...
    Script processing COMPLETED [End Time: 06/02/15 09:23:54, Elapsed Time: 31.029 seconds]
  • bmg_bob
    edited June 2015
    Hello,

That is strange...I expected to see error messages in the log. Did you get the same pop-up messages? If so, it would be useful if you could send me one of the files so I can try to reproduce the problem. Can you attach a zip archive containing one of the input files? If you prefer, you can send it via e-mail to Blue Marble Geographics support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com) with a reference to this forum thread.

Cheers,

Bob
  • RSVector
    edited June 2015
    Your email is bouncing
  • RSVector
    edited June 2015
    Exporting the same map using Export Web Format from within GM completes in less than an hour (running a higher zoom and more levels). The script invoked from a BAT file took 20 hours to complete and the files were bad. There is also strange behavior when using the CROP_POLYGON and the crop does not work. A variation of the script also works when invoked from within GM – it only produces the error when run from a BAT file.

I have found that the EXPORT_WEB is very buggy – When I run script from internal to GM with an XYZ file I get this error:

Exporting data to C:\Trail Masters\ATV Maps\Build\SQliteDB Files\ATV Maine.sqlitedb...
    EXPORT_WEB found no data to export. This can happen when you specify WEB_SKIP_EXISTING_TILES=YES and all of the tiles exist or when no data intersects the export bounds.

But when I change the TYPS to MBTILES, it executed, but the output was very large and didn't work on the target device.

Using the command with a bounding box produces an output with graduated resolution.
  • bmg_bob
    edited June 2015
    Hello,

I'm not sure why the e-mail would bounce. I don't see a typo in the address. Did you try using the link in my sig?

Thanks for posting the data. I will see what is causing the problem.

Cheers,

Bob
  • RSVector
    edited June 2015
    Bob,

I found the EXPORT_WEB found no data to export error was caused by using a MAX ZOOM LEVEL=16 for the XYZ file, its working when 15 or lower is used.
  • RSVector
    edited June 2015
    Bob,

Any progress with this?
  • bmg_bob
    edited June 2015
    Hello,

I was able to get rid of the error message. I have placed new builds with the latest changes at Global Mapper Downloads. Simply download the appropriate installer and run it to install the latest build.

Cheers,

Bob
  • RSVector
    Hello,

I was able to get rid of the error message. I have placed new builds with the latest changes at Global Mapper Downloads. Simply download the appropriate installer and run it to install the latest build.

Cheers,

Bob
    I ran five instances of the EXPORT_WEB within a Batch file, each operating on a different file/layer. Three instances completed without the error but two did not. I was using a MAX ZOOM LEVEL=16. The two files that failed were the two largest (containing more point and line features than the other) - the states of Maine and New York. Running yesterdays daily build.

"WARNING: EXPORT_WEB found no data to export. This can happen when you specify WEB_SKIP_EXISTING_TILES=YES and all of the tiles exist or when no data intersects the export bounds."
  • bmg_bob
    Have you tried using a lower value for MAX_ZOOM_LEVEL?

If that doesn't help, post a zip archive containing the data and your script, and I will have a look.
  • RSVector
    It ran successfully with MAX_ZOOM_LEVEL=15 (but I need the resolution of Level 16). The New York file is attached.
  • bmg_bob
    I made a change that resolves the "no data to export" issue. I have placed new builds with the latest changes at http://data.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/dailybuilds/. Simply download the appropriate installer and run it to install the latest build.