Global Mapper Pro

Running Scripts from Command Lines?

fsdreamscapes
fsdreamscapes Global Mapper User
edited March 2008 in Technical Support
The documentation says that it's possible to run scripts from the command line but in attempting to do that nothing is happening...

i.e.

>global_mapper8.exe script.gms

is there a specific example of how to create a command line that will run a global mapper script? there appears to be nothing listed in the documentation although there is a reference to say that command line running of scripts is possible...

my script works fine when loaded from within global mapper itself but we're writing a program to automate our GIS renderings and really need to be able to run the scripts from a command line...

help is needed as soon as possible...

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2008
    *** Here is a copy of what I emailed to you so there would be a record of it in the forum ***

When you provide a script file on the command line the script should automatically run with no user interface and Global Mapper should immediately close upon completion. You can only tell that the script file ran based on whether or not the commands in the script were carried out.

If you want the script to run in the user interface, rename it to a .gmw file and then pass that on the command line.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com