Global Mapper v25.0

problems copying attributes from multiple lines to points

JSL
JSL Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited February 2015 in Technical Support
I'm trying to group points together based on nearness to each other, so I've used the Create Lines from Points command to create lines of different lengths within a dataset. For each line layer, I then created an attribute for "LINE LENGTH" + value, ex. LINE LENGTH 4 for 4 km lines. I now want to copy those Line Length attributes back to the points to see which lines are connected to the points. I assumed that if I left all the layers unselected and just copied Loaded Line attributes to Loaded Points, then every point would receive the Line Length+value attribute of every line to which it's connected, but that's not working.

Attached are two workspaces. Test1 shows the point layer and all the line layers before I try to copy attributes. Test2 shows what happens when I use the Copy Attributes command, copying loaded layers to loaded points. I specified 50 as the maximum distance that a line can be from a point, but that shouldn't matter, because all the lines were created from the Create Lines From Points command, so they should automatically be connected.

It seems like GM is choosing only one line to copy attributes from to a point, even though the point may be connected to multiple lines. I'd like every point to receive attributes from all the lines to which it is connected.

Thanks for any help.