single band raster become elevation

selebetsselebets Global Mapper UserPosts: 25Trusted User
edited January 2015 in Raster Data
Sir,I have single grey scale raster layer in IMG format but it become an elevation layer when i open it in GM... how to maintain this image as an raster file... not as an elevation file..Thanks in advance

Comments

• PShoreyPShorey Global Mapper Developer Posts: 195Moderator, Trusted User
    edited January 2015
    Selebets,

Global Mapper will import an IMG file as a raster or an elevation grid depending on the several things: the existence of palette data in the file, the number of bands, and the number of bits per band. We will attempt to load as a raster if there is a palette or if there are 3 or more bands (where the first 3 are interpreded as R, G, B). I suspect your data is in a single-band 16-bit format. Do you have a way to save in a multi-band format?

Peter
  • selebetsselebets Global Mapper User Posts: 25Trusted User
    edited January 2015
    Peter,

You are right. My data in single band 16bit format. Is there any option to open it as raster? perhaps we can force it using script import command..

Thanks in advance..
  • PShoreyPShorey Global Mapper Developer Posts: 195Moderator, Trusted User
    edited January 2015
    I took another look at the code. In the case of a single band 16-bit file, it should be asking you if you would like to load as a raster or gridded overlay. Are you usings a current version of Global Mapper? Would it be possible to send me a copy of the file you are trying to open? You may email to geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com and mark it Attn Peter. If it is too large, I can PM you info on how to upload to our ftp site.