Global Mapper v25.0

Loaded data does not show up on the screen

Patchicat
Patchicat Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited December 2014 in Technical Support
I purchased a new computer and as part of the set up, I upgraded from Global Mapper 14 to Global Mapper 16. Today, I started using Global Mapper 16.0 (b12114) I opened a file from Global Mapper 14 which I have used in Global Mapper 14 to create maps for my projects. The file opened, but I only have a blank, white screen. The background map is a.tif file which is the base map. I can get all the layers I have created on this base map to open, but the background map is blank.

I attempted to start over by loading the original .tif file but I all I got on the screen was a dark shape that, if I clicked on it, would briefly show the map before reverting to the dark, blank square.

I have made no changes to any settings. Today is the first time I have used Global Mapper 16 and I need to create the maps for my current project.

My new computer is an HP with an AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3.70 GHz, 12.0 GM RAM, 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor running Windows 8.1.

What am I doing wrong or not doing to make this work properly like it did in Global Mapper 14?

Thanks.