digitizing multiple points

rcmanrcman Global Mapper UserPosts: 6
edited October 2014 in Technical Support
How can i quickly digitize multiple point features (all the same attributes) without having the "Modify Feature Info" window pop up every time one digitises a point?

Thanks.

Comments

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,057
    edited October 2014
    Hi,

What version of Global Mapper are you using? In 15.2 or later, once you have set up the first feature using the Modify Feature Info window, you can check the box next to "Automatically apply these settings to new features of the same type". After that, you won't have to see the Modify Feature Info window for each new feature. Just click to place each new point.

If you are using v15, you should get the latest daily build so that you get a bug fix that was related to this feature. Here are the links:

32-bit: http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/global_mapper15.zip
    64-bit: http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/global_mapper15_64bit.zip

Simply download the .zip file for the build that you are using and extract over your existing installation files (do not uninstall Global Mapper). The likely locations to extract to are as follows:

32-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\GlobalMapper15
    64-bit: C:\Program Files\GlobalMapper15_64bit

Cheers,

Bob
  • rcmanrcman Global Mapper User Posts: 6
    edited October 2014
    Thanks Bob,

Only have v14.....so guess I need to upgrade?
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,057
    edited October 2014
    rcman wrote: »
    Only have v14.....so guess I need to upgrade?

Yes. Of course, you will get this, plus dozens of new features added in Global Mapper versions 15 and 16.
  • bobwillsbobwills Global Mapper User Posts: 48Trusted User
    edited October 2014
    You can hold down the enter key on the keyboard as you click...

(stolen from the excellent online tutorials by BM)

Brian.
  • rcmanrcman Global Mapper User Posts: 6
    edited October 2014
    Thanks Brian... appreciate your tip.