Global Mapper Pro

Saving Settings

ai3d
ai3d Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited October 2014 in Suggestion Box
I love GM but its driving me crazy. Ive just exported some gridded elevation data after digitizing a grid. Because my program max is temperamental ive had to export the elevation grided data about 15 times and global mapper doesnt remember settings between exports. Cant GM remember bounds and tiling and scale between sessions.

Im using GM 15, so not sure if this was addressed in GM 16.

It taken me about 2 hours to go back and forward filling details out again and again. Ground hog day.:(

Comments

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited October 2014
    Bounds, tiling, and scale are closely related to the data set that is in use. Remembering that information across sessions would be great until you switch to a different data set. We could consider adding the ability to store some default settings in the workspace, so the default export settings would be saved along with the data they are related to.

Another option that you can use now is to create a Global Mapper script to perform the export. This would allow you to save all of the export options that you need, and run the export using the File->Run Script... command or set it up in the Favorites toolbar.
  • ai3d
    ai3d Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited October 2014
    Hi Bob,
    Thanks for the reply. I think though that people generally follow a typical workflow between data sets. ie some like tiling data and others would use workflows using LAT LONG or Area features.
    But yes i think the best would be on a per Workspace basis.
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited October 2014
    I have added item #14545 to our task list so we can evaluate implementation of this functionality in Global Mapper.