Global Mapper Pro

GM16: crash on startup... R6030 - CRT not initalized

TobWen
TobWen Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited September 2014 in Bug Report
Hi there,

I wanted to try GM16 trial on my Windows XP (SP3) machine. I'm getting this bug (see attachment):
R6030 - CRT not initalized

Seems like the CRT startup code was not executed. Could you please check the linker while compiling?

Best regards,
Tobias

Comments

• PShorey
    PShorey Global Mapper Developer Moderator, Trusted User
    edited September 2014
    Tobias,

You are correct, this error is associated with the /ENTRY linker setting, which we are NOT using in any of our software modules. We do use a number of third party libraries that may be causing this. We'll continue to investigate. Just for background info, are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of XP?

Peter
  • TobWen
    TobWen Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2014
    PShorey wrote: »
    Just for background info, are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of XP?

Plain solid Windows XP SP3 with 32 bit :D
  • TobWen
    edited September 2014
    Have you finally dropped Windows XP support?
  • PShorey
    edited September 2014
    TobWen,

Sorry I haven’t provided any feedback. This has been a difficult issue to diagnose since we have not yet been able to reproduce the problem in-house. However, we're working very closely with a number of customers to solve this issue. I'll post back when we have a solution.

There is another known XP issue that may possibly be related. If you are using the XP Theme, could you try the Windows Classic Theme?

Also, could you tell us what anti-virus software you are running?

Peter
  • TobWen
    edited September 2014
    However, we're working very closely with a number of customers to solve this issue. I'll post back when we have a solution.

I'm here... send me whatever files you want, I'll test them.
    There is another known XP issue that may possibly be related. If you are using the XP Theme, could you try the Windows Classic Theme?

Tried it, no change :(
    Also, could you tell us what anti-virus software you are running?

Bitdefender 2015. I've tried to run it on a system without internet and without anti-virus ever installed: it also doesn't work.
  • PShorey
    edited September 2014
    Thank you for your offer to help. Please provied us with your contact info at geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com, and mark it attention Jasmine. She has been the point person for this issue. Our case number for this is 14384.