Global Mapper v25.0

installation requirements

Mely1714
Mely1714 Global Mapper User
edited August 2014 in Technical Support
Hi !
What I need in my Pc for install Global Mapper? (version of windows, processor, RAM, etc...)
(excuse the bad English, I speak Spanish)

Comments

• PShorey
    PShorey Global Mapper Developer Moderator, Trusted User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you for your interest in Global Mapper. Here is a recent post describing system requirements:
    http://www.globalmapperforum.com/forums/technical-support/11053-necessary-parameters-computer-work-global-mapper.html

64-bit version of Windows, 7 or 8.1, is recommended for working with larger data sets, though Global Mapper will work just fine on 32-bit system. Global Mapper will also run on XP.
  • zululux
    zululux Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Heloo Fello Global Mapperers : ),

I'm running GM as the Administrator, with an HP  ZBook withn 16GB of RAM, and i7 processor. When running a View Shed Analysis (VSA) at 360 sweep with a 40 degree signal propagation angle; the VSA runs fairly OK up to about  50% to completion. From there, it crawls like a snail. Is there any way to boost the processing capability so the VSA can run quicker? It has often taken 4 whole days to complete a VSA with a range of 3nm to 160nm.

Any help would be appreciated. I am using ASTER GDEM 1ARC-SEC as my DEM.

regards,

Zululux
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    What version of Global Mapper are you using?  We implemented multi-threading for view sheds in Version 16 to take advantage of multiple cores in your processor.  Have you tried using a DEM with a lower resolution?