Global Mapper v25.0

If I remove GM from 32-bit W7, can I register on 64-bit version?

tim53
tim53 Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited July 2014 in Technical Support
Hi.

I'm running GM on both my MacPro and MacBook Pro, via Parallels. For some reason, we simply kept the 32-bit version of Win7 on the MacPro, though I have the 64-bit version on the MacBook. Recently, I needed to run some 64-bit only software, and it wouldn't run on my Mac Pro. So, I've just upgraded to 64-bit Win7 on the Mac Pro and would like to install GM on it. I won't be needing the 32-bit version once I've moved all my programs over, so it will be removed from my virtual machine once that's done.

Can I simply remove GM from the 32-bit VM and register it on the 64-bit version? I tried releasing the license on the 32-bit machine, but it tells me I need read-write privileges (which I should have, as administrator).

-Tim.

Comments

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited July 2014
    Hello Tim,

Thank you for using Global Mapper. You can use the same license for both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Global Mapper on one computer, and both can be installed at the same time. If you just want to use one, uninstall the 32-bit version and install the 64-bit version. In this case there is no need to remove the license.

Cheers,

Bob
  • tim53
    tim53 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited July 2014
    I can't have both versions of Win 7 on my Mac at the same time, apparently. In any case, I have not been able to re-launch the 32-bit version. The last .lic file I have for GM was for version 14 on my previous Mac Pro, so the computer ID isn't the same.

What can I do?

-Tim.
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited July 2014
    Hi Tim,

Your best bet is to contact Global Mapper Support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com). They can handle license issues like this.

Cheers,

Bob