when will i need SDK license? and whats the benefit of it?

usama khanusama khan Global Mapper UserPosts: 19Trusted User
edited July 2014 in SDK
Hello, another stupid question as a beginner. .
I am using ur SDK to develop a GIS program just for learning GIS(Not professional software) just a time pass for learning GIS and C# togather. . moreover i am student of undergrade CIVIL engineering. .
when will i need the SDK license in my programming phase? and whats benefit of the license??

Comments

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,038
    edited July 2014
    Hello Usama,
    usama khan wrote: »
    I am using ur SDK to develop a GIS program just for learning GIS(Not professional software) just a time pass for learning GIS and C# togather. . moreover i am student of undergrade CIVIL engineering. .
    when will i need the SDK license in my programming phase? and whats benefit of the license??

When you are not using a license, the functionality of the SDK is limited (for example, you can only load one layer at a time.) By getting a license, you will enable all Global Mapper SDK functionality. You can get a Developer license, which would allow you to write and test your program, but your program cannot be distributed. For details about pricing, and to find out what options you have as a student developer, contact sales@bluemarblegeo.com.

Cheers,

Bob