KML export for Google Earth

EntechEntech Global Mapper UserPosts: 4
edited July 2014 in Technical Support
Hi,
I'm currently exporting some images to KML format for use in Google Earth (using export Export Raster/Image Format). I am exporting in PNG format and also using the super overlay function for gridding. All works fine, however I was wondering if there is a way to have all of the resulting PNG files placed into folders? eg, separate folders for each zoom level or something like that - similar to what is shown in the image below from another software package:
Capture.PNG

Thanks,
Evan.

Comments

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 1,960
    edited July 2014
    Hello Evan,

If you export using File->Export->Web Format, then choose Google Maps Tiles from the format list, you should get what you are looking for.

Cheers,

Bob
  • EntechEntech Global Mapper User Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Bob,
    Will this generate a KML file for use in Google Earth, or just HTML for Google Maps? Or can I also open a HTML on GE?
    Evan.
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited July 2014
    Evan,

Currently you can only do one or the other (i.e. KML with super overlays) or a Google Maps tile set with an HTML file. I have created a todo item (#13989) to add an option to create a KML alongside the Google Maps HTML file that references the just exported tile set.

I'm not sure if there is a way to add a new tiled map set to Google Earth directly. I suspect there is, but have never done it.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation