Export Script now exporting blank tiles.

bobwillsbobwills Global Mapper UserPosts: 48Trusted User
edited July 2014 in Technical Support
Hi,
I am using v15.2 (b062514) (64-bit)

My script (copied below) worked fine before, but now exports blank tiles only.
All data is Vector Data
If I export manually from the application using the same criteria the export works fine, but I have to many tiles over too big an area (using different resolutions) to manually export all my data.
I had a look in the script help in case there was a change - apologies if I missed it.

script snippet:
EXPORT_RASTER FILENAME="C:\GlobalMapper\ShannonGridExport\GeoTIFF\Shannon_2M.TIF" TYPE=GEOTIFF SPATIAL_RES_METERS=2.0 INC_VECTOR_DATA="YES" COMPRESSION=LZW GRID_TYPE_ROWS_COLS="4,1" OVERWRITE_EXISTING=NO GRID_OVERLAP="2.0"

regards,

Brian.

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited July 2014
    Brian,

What type of data do you have loaded? I just tried that script with a vector data file loaded and it exported the tiles with the vector data without any problems. If you are running with File->Run Script, do you have the option checked to run the script in the context of the main map view so that any data loaded in the main map is available?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • bobwillsbobwills Global Mapper User Posts: 48Trusted User
    edited July 2014
    Hi Mike,

I have added that script to the end of my .GMW file (all vector components and all layers visible in the saved file) and saved as a .GMS file - so I can run it multiple times to utilise all the cores on my PC.

Even just running the GMS file once the files produced are blank.

best regards,

Brian.
    edited July 2014
    Hi Mike,

Just to add...
    I also tried running the script in the app and it works that way OK - It is just producing blank files when run as a .GMS file - whilst this is a work around of sorts, with 4 zoom levels producing around 650 tiles I could really do with being able to run the GMS script as it runs faster and I can run 7 instances at once to increase throughput.

Brian.
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited July 2014
    Brian,

Ah I hadn't tried it on the command line. I can reproduce the problem that way (i.e. data to export loaded in script rather than in main map workspace). I've fixed the issue now.

I have placed new builds with the latest changes at the links below:

32-bit: http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/global_mapper15.zip
    64-bit: http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/global_mapper15_64bit.zip

Simply download the .zip file for the build that you are using and extract over your existing installation files. The likely locations to extract to are as follows:

32-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\GlobalMapper15
    64-bit: C:\Program Files\GlobalMapper15_64bit

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
    edited July 2014
    Hi Mike,

Many thanks for your prompt response - this patch has fixed the problem.

regards,

Brian.