Strike and dip data export missing Feature Layer name

DoeDoe Global Mapper UserPosts: 87Trusted User
edited July 2014 in Technical Support
Mike,

Is there any way to include the Feature Layer name with a strike and dip csv export? When I select the dip data under the Control Center and go to options, I don't any attribute options tide to "Feature Layer".

Mike

Comments

• Jasmine_BMGJasmine_BMG BMG Staff Posts: 174
    edited July 2014
    Hello Doe,

I can submit an enhancement request for your request to include the Feature Layer name in a strike and dp csv export. Can you clarify if you are looking for a sort of header with the Layer Name the Features come from, or would you like certain information from an attribute field to be included in the export?

Regards,

Jasmine
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited July 2014
    The CSV export includes an option in the Attribute/Field Options setting to 'Add LAYER Column if Applicable'. If you check that you should get the feature layer name included as a column in the CSV export.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • DoeDoe Global Mapper User Posts: 87Trusted User
    edited July 2014
    Mike,

I see the column called LAYER but it is only showing the Group name (Strike and Dip instead of the Feature Layer name.

Mike
  • DoeDoe Global Mapper User Posts: 87Trusted User
    edited July 2014
    I've attached a .gmp file of some of the dip data as an example.

Mike
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited July 2014
    Mike,

Ah I see, the dual-use of the term 'layer' as a the name of the layer in the Control Center vs. for the feature type internal to a file is causing the confusion. To get the layer name from the Control Center, first right-click on the layers in the Control Center and select the CALC ATTR command, then create a new attribute that is copied from the <Feature Layer Name> attribute. That will then export like any normal attribute.

I think I will update the CSV export dialog to be more clear as to what is meant by "LAYER".

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation