Global Mapper Pro

Multiple Layer Level and gm_layer_style

AndreaR
AndreaR Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited June 2014 in GM Script Language
Hi Mike,

With scripting language is possible to crate a new sub layer for Multiple Levels using <sub> between group level names? For example writing this code...

EDIT_VECTOR FILENAME="name_of_my_layer" SHAPE_TYPE="LINES" MOVE_TO_NEW_LAYER=YES NEW_LAYER_NAME="OPEN_STREET_MAP <sub> LINES OBJECT"

Is possible to load a gm_layer_style files?

Thanks

Andrea

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2014
    Andrea,

You can actually provide the group name for a layer with IMPORT or SET_LAYER_OPTIONS with the LAYER_GROUP parameter. I just discovered that was not documented though, so I'm adding that. So in your EDIT_VECTOR command use NEW_LAYER_NAME="LINES OBJECT", then use the following:

SET_LAYER_OPTIONS FILENAME="LINES OBJECT" LAYER_GROUP="OPEN_STREET_MAP"

If you want multiple levels of grouping then add the <sub> inside the LAYER_GROUP parameter.

I have also added support for loading a .gm_layer_style in a script. Just set the AREA_STYLE_NAME, LINE_STYLE_NAME, or POINT_STYLE_NAME to the .gm_layer_style filename that you want to use and it should load and be applied.

I have placed new builds with the latest changes at the links below:

32-bit: http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/global_mapper15.zip
    64-bit: http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/global_mapper15_64bit.zip

Simply download the .zip file for the build that you are using and extract over your existing installation files. The likely locations to extract to are as follows:

32-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\GlobalMapper15
    64-bit: C:\Program Files\GlobalMapper15_64bit

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • AndreaR
    AndreaR Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Mike,

You are incredible....:D I ask you if is possible to do anything.... and you in few hour make the change....
    This is the best customer care and service that i have been see!
    This evening i try your changes.

Andrea