Bursa Wolfe 7 Parameters from two coordinate sets

Pat GilbertPat Gilbert Global Mapper UserPosts: 5
edited June 2014 in Projection Questions
Hi,
I have looked at some of the previous entries regarding local parameter definitions but I am still not certain of what GM can provide.

I need to get a report that shows the 7 Parameter Bursa Wolfe details obtain from two sets of ASCII coordinate files.
One set of Coordinates will be in a recognised and registered projection datum and the other could be a locally defined plane grid or a locally defined system based on a recognised projection datum.

Is this something that GM can give me? If GM does not do it will Bluemarble GeoCalc do it ?

Any information would be greatly appreciated....

regards,
Pat Gilbert

Comments

• Jasmine_BMGJasmine_BMG BMG Staff Posts: 174
    edited June 2014
    Hi Pat,

You would need Geographic Calculator for the transformation you are describing. Do you specifically need a 7 Parameter? I am pretty sure you could use a 7 parameter Helmert similarity transformation for that, or you could use an affine. If you can email me directly at geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com, I can help you out a bit more and get you set up with an evaluation license if you would like to test out the transformation(s) and setting up your locally defined system.

Regards,

Jasmine