3dpdf failed if using gmc files

hgleixnerhgleixner Global Mapper UserPosts: 85Trusted User
edited July 2014 in Bug Report
Mike,
look at the attached files:
I tried to export a 3d pdf as follows:
1. DEM 5m Grid
2. one rasterlayer (not as a texture which I know now)
3. exporting DIN A3 landscape (the onscreen data only)
4. the result depends on the choice "gmc file (in the screenshot "DTK25") or singe file (in the screenshot "8333col.tiff")"

Second issue:
In Google Earth my building models are drawn vertically as expected, but they ars inclined (parallel to the surface) in the 3D view of GM.

Regards
Henry

Comments

• PShoreyPShorey Global Mapper Developer Posts: 182Moderator, Trusted User
    edited May 2014
    Henry,

I would be happy to look into the 3D PDF export issue, but I'm not sure I understand the problem. Could you supply some sample data and describe in more detail what you expect the exported PDF to look like?

I'll let Mike comment on the Google Earth issue.
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited May 2014
    Henry,

For the GM 3D display issue, if you open the 3D view options dialog do you have the option checked that the vector feature heights are relative to the surface? If so then features with a single elevation may be slanted if the terrain underneath is not flat.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • hgleixnerhgleixner Global Mapper User Posts: 85Trusted User
    edited June 2014
    Peter,
    please look at the two attachments which file names unfortunately were truncated while the upload so they have the same names, but different sizes:

1. Test_3.pdf (3.63 MB) shows the correct 3dpdf (a single raster file as a texture on a 5m DEM grid)
    2. Test_3.pdf (3.49 MB) shows the wrong (with very, very low resolution) 3dpdf (a gmc file with some raster files as above)

I expect the Test_3.pdf (3.63 MB) not only if loading a single raster file, but also if loading a gmc file of the same content.

Regards
    Henry
    edited June 2014
    Ah, I see the problem now. Working on a fix...
    edited June 2014
    I corrected the resolution issue with draped GMC layers. It will be available in the next build.
  • hgleixnerhgleixner Global Mapper User Posts: 85Trusted User
    edited July 2014
    It works.
    Thanks!
    Henry