Sample Data Button on Home Screen

bobwillsbobwills Global Mapper UserPosts: 48Trusted User
edited May 2014 in Suggestion Box
Hi,

Just watched the latest webinar and was reminded of the way you can change the behaviour of the Sample Data button to open your own file.
Thinking outside the box I thought I would try to use a shortcut to my current project file - but it does not work and I do not want to put my real work file in the location that the button point to.

Could the button be made to recognise a shortcut, or better still, could you add two or three customisable buttons that could be linked to work files currently in use?

I know it's a simple step to go to the file menu, but if the buttons are there...

regards,

Brian.

Comments

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,190
    edited May 2014
    Hi Brian,

To clarify, are you looking for a new Quick Start button on the home screen that will allow you to open a specific data file, the location of which can be customized?

Cheers,

Bob
  • bobwillsbobwills Global Mapper User Posts: 48Trusted User
    edited May 2014
    bmg_bob wrote: »
    Hi Brian,

To clarify, are you looking for a new Quick Start button on the home screen that will allow you to open a specific data file, the location of which can be customized?

Cheers,

Bob

I guess so - maybe even two or three - As I said, my first thoughts were that I could add a shortcut to the existing "Load Sample Data" button in a similar way to how Dave showed us that we could replace the world map with a more suitable file in his webinar. Then I thought it would be neater and cleaner just to have the customisable buttons as there is plenty of real estate on the home page.

regards,

Brian.
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,190
    edited May 2014
    Hi Brian,

I have added item #13730 to our task list so we can evaluate this feature for a future release of Global Mapper.

Cheers,

Bob
  • bobwillsbobwills Global Mapper User Posts: 48Trusted User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks!

Brian.