path_profile_export: elevations lost

geo72geo72 Global Mapper UserPosts: 26Trusted User
edited May 2014 in Bug Report
Hello global_mappers,

just wanted to export my path-profile (as a csv-file) created from a dxf-line-feature, but had no luck: The elevations did not export. Please find the data attached for trying it out.

Thanks!

Oliver

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited May 2014
    Oliver,

The path profile save to a format like DXF will save the elevations from the terrain path in the profile. The 3D line display from the selected line is just for reference, but those elevations wouldn't export. If you want those exported to CSV just export the line directly to a CSV file with the File->Export->Export Vector Data menu command.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • geo72geo72 Global Mapper User Posts: 26Trusted User
    edited May 2014
    Hello Mike!

I tried the following:

1) export the dxf-line as CSV in the File->Export->Export Vector Data menu command: seems not to be possible for line-features, because gm-tells sth like "no point features available"

2) exported my profile (created from the dxf-line), as DXF from the file command in the path-window: got a dxf, but without heights

So my question remains, how to export a 3D-dxf-line the right way to get a CSV-(or -txt) file with the infos X,Y,Elevation,Lenght,Total Lenght, Heading.

Please find the screenshot attached.

Thanks!

Oliver

export_to_csv.png
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited May 2014
    Actually for just that information from the Feature Vertices dialog in a CSV file, use the Copy to Clipboard button on the Vertices dialog, then just use Ctrl+V to paste that in to Excel or a text editor!

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • geo72geo72 Global Mapper User Posts: 26Trusted User
    edited May 2014
    Ok! So it better not to use the export dialog in that case.
    Thanks,
    Oliver