Support for more EPSG codes

cstallingscstallings Global Mapper UserPosts: 3
edited May 2014 in Suggestion Box
I'm trying to make products with Global Mapper under a specific coordinate frame (EPSG code 6343). Global mapper does not support a PRJ utilizing this coordinate frame nor the EPSG code itself. The closest I can get is to make a custom datum however my PRJ still is not correct afterwards. Can Global Mapper add more EPSG coordinate frames?

Thanks

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited May 2014
    That EPSG code uses the NAD83(2011) epoch datum which isn't directly supported in the base Global Mapper (it is with the Blue Marble Geographic Calculator also installed). I did however go ahead and add support for those EPSG codes and just made them map to the base NAD83 datum for now, which is close enough for most non-survey work.

I have placed new builds with the latest changes at the links below:

32-bit: http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/global_mapper15.zip
    64-bit: http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/global_mapper15_64bit.zip

Simply download the .zip file for the build that you are using and extract over your existing installation files. The likely locations to extract to are as follows:

32-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\GlobalMapper15
    64-bit: C:\Program Files\GlobalMapper15_64bit

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • cstallingscstallings Global Mapper User Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    Thank you Mike, I truly appreciate it. Unfortunately for my purposes that probably won’t work. I need to convert some float files to DEM and they must contain the exact Datum and projection. If I also purchase the geographic calculator will I be able to perform this task? Thanks again
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited May 2014
    Do you need a standard USGS DEM format file? The DEM format is very limited in terms of what projections and datums it supports, while it has a code for base NAD83 it certainly doesn't have any codes for the newer epochs of NAD83. However if you just load the Float/Grid with the latest build and export directly to DEM without changing the projection you will get a DEM without any conversion done. It will just say NAD83 instead of NAD83(2011) in the header, but the coordinates will match NAD83(2011).

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • cstallingscstallings Global Mapper User Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    Thanks Mike, I was wondering about that. I was reading the latest USGS DEM standard I could find and it seemed to confirm what you are saying. That’s also how we had it originally however it was requested to be more specific. Time to have "the talk" with the client. Thanks again.