Adding dimensions as attribute

falqnfalqn Global Mapper UserPosts: 123Trusted User
edited December 2014 in Suggestion Box
Hello,
It will be very useful for me to add attributes with dimensions of single object (height/width). Maybe there is another way to obtain such information for a single object?

Best regards
Wojtek from Poland

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2014
    Wojtek,

You can select features with the Digitizer Tool, then right-click and under the Attribute submenu select to add measure attributes. For areas this would include the perimeter and enclosed area. Do you also want the width as in the difference in the westernmost and easternmost points and height as the difference in northernmost and southernmost points?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Global Mapper
  • falqnfalqn Global Mapper User Posts: 123Trusted User
    edited April 2014
    Mike,
    Yes exactly, I need width and height (these values will be the same as dimensions of bbox of single object).
    Best regards
    Wojtek from Poland
  • falqnfalqn Global Mapper User Posts: 123Trusted User
    edited December 2014
    Hi,
    We have now 'Add Coordinate/Bounds Attributes' option working in user interface, It will be great if this feature can be used in scripting language too. In connection with new 'clip' option described here http://www.globalmapperforum.com/forums/suggestion-box/12134-attribute-split-option-scripting-language.html
    it will be possible to split BOUNDS and then calculate width/height of each feature. Ex. it will be possible to create BUFFER in which Distance depends on width/height of feature - very useful for me.

Regards
    Wojtek