how to use SDK in C#? plz help

usama khanusama khan Global Mapper UserPosts: 19Trusted User
edited April 2014 in SDK
hi i am doing civil engineering. I know the basics of c#. I need SDK for C# or VS2012. My question is how would i use this SDK? if anyone has any example or tutorial? I need the line and measure tool and the essential features for all GIS maps. what should i do? i want to do it myself but i dont know where to start. I just need a direction if any one can lead me to the right direction.
second question: i have downloaded a trial version? what if i am student? is there any relaxation for the SDK.
third Question: I have seen the sample C# and i dont know where to start or call the methods. If anyone can give me written example or book or any other sample other than the default sample that will be very helpful for me. Please help.I have seen the reference for SDK but still i just need a guideline as i am not software engineer or anything. I just need a direction rest i will do myself. I have been posting threads continously. plz help

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2014
    If you go to Global Mapper SDK you can download the latest release of the SDK and give it a try. It includes tutorials in several languages, including C#. The most extensive sample is in C++. They should build in Visual Studio 2012 (they were made in Visual Studio 2008).

If you email sales@bluemarblegeo.com with your intended usage they can provide information on licensing the SDK for student use.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • usama khanusama khan Global Mapper User Posts: 19Trusted User
    edited April 2014
    i have downloaded the latest release. Just give me a step by step example about how to use the sdk and references and libraries. it will be very helpfull as there are no tutorials available for the SDK. i have expereince of runtime SDK but not simple SDK. Please give me a step by step example, so that i can develop my requirements. I am confused with the methods and all the refrences mentioned. Copy paste is not working. I can't call a method or class. Please just one small example thats what i demand.
    thanks
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2014
    The 'sample_app_C#' folder in the SDK .zip contains a .sln file that you should be able to load into Visual Studio to try the SDK in C#. The sample app should copy all of the files needed from the 'bin' folder of the SDK to the necessary location for the sample application. The sample application contains some simple samples showing how to load and display data with the SDK as well as a .cs file showing how to declare function calls into the SDK from C#.

Note the SDK is a standard Windows DLL with a C-style interface and not an ActiveX control that you just add to a project, but the GlobalMapperDLLWrapper.cs has the declarations you need to call functions in the SDK.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation