Global Mapper v25.0

3D View: Imagery

kwilliamson
kwilliamson Global Mapper User
edited March 2014 in Technical Support
Hi, I'm new to Global Mapper and am having a problem with the 3D View: I can not see the imagery. I have recently extruded areas as buildings and soon after this the imagery disappeared. I can see it in Global Mapper, it is definitely there but not in the 3D View. Has anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix it?
Thanks.

Comments

• Jasmine_BMG
    Jasmine_BMG BMG Staff
    edited March 2014
    Hello kwilliamson,

Is this the first time this has happened, are you able to see other data in 3D view - like a small, single DEM layer?

Regards,

Jasmine
  • kwilliamson
    kwilliamson Global Mapper User
    edited March 2014
    Hey Jasmine,
    This is the second time this has happened; I was able to fix it the first time by adjusting 3D resolution to the smalles: 512 x 512 in 3D Viewer, however this isn't working now. I am able to see all other data including labels and a DEM comes up on the 3d Viewer as well, it's just imagery that you can't see. Any idea's?

Thanks,
    Katie.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2014
    Katie,

Do you have any gridded elevation data loaded? You would need some kind of terrain surface available for the imagery to sit on top of in the 3D view. 3D vector data can float on its own, but any 2D data, like imagery, needs a surface to drape on top of.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation