Image Rectifier point movement

DustyRobinsonDustyRobinson Global Mapper UserPosts: 114Trusted User
edited October 2007 in Raster Data
In the Image Rectifier window after placing a point in the two windows, zoomed view and reference view, the point in the reference view moves. Is this a bug that needs to be fixed, or is there a reason it does this?

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited October 2007
    Could you explain a bit more about what you are seeing? The clicked location in the reference view should stay fixed in place until you click somewhere else. When are you observing movement of that point?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • DustyRobinsonDustyRobinson Global Mapper User Posts: 114Trusted User
    edited October 2007
    I usually have an image that is already georeferenced as my background. In the Image Rectifier window I click a point in the Zoomed View window, then I click a corresponding point in the Reference Images window. I then select Add GCP to List, and the Ground Control Point Name box pops up. When I hit ok in that box the point in the Reference Images window moves. There does not appear to be a pattern with how far or what direction, but it does move.
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited October 2007
    What version of Global Mapper are you using? Also, can you post a screenshot of the rectification dialog just before you press the Add GCP to List button so that I can see what the coordinates listed are to see if that is a clue?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com