Export 3D PDF, problems

QuadripurgumQuadripurgum Global Mapper UserPosts: 2
edited January 2014 in Technical Support
Hello my name is Szabolcs.

I made some cave modelling in global mapper and I want to export to 3D pdf file. The softwer(global mapper) make the file without any problems. The situation is I set up my mapping points to the project(attributes), and when I view in 3D mode, my points dissapear and I see just the 3D model, and the same happens when I export to 3D pdf file.

Can I get a solutoins or help.

Thanks in advice.

Best Regards,
Szabolcs

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited January 2014
    Szabolcs,

What format of data are your 3D points in? Are you setting up which attribute to get the elevation data from on the Options dialog for the layer?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • QuadripurgumQuadripurgum Global Mapper User Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    Hi Mike,

The format is a shape file (.shp). I make cave datas in Compass(cave 2D modelling softwer). I can export 3D shape file with the compass. I setting up the elevation in Global Mapper (in "get elevation from attribute"), but I want to see my mapping points which I set up in Area Style--Apply Styling Based on Attributes/Name Values", I choose my mapping points and the softwer draw my mapping points on the cave 2D model(in normal view). The problem is: when I swicth to 3D view this mapping points (Area styling based on attributes/Name values) dissapear, also when I export in 3D format.

Any solutions?

Best Regards
    Szabolcs,

If you want I can send an e-mail, with some pictures.