Global Mapper Pro

Export Arc ASCII Grid - Center option

Vincent
Vincent Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited December 2013 in GM Script Language
Hi, In the ArcASCII Grid Export Options, there is now and ADVANCED option "Write Center Rather than Corner Coordinates". I can't find this option in the Global Mapper Scripting Reference. Is there such an option using scripts instead of GM interface ? I would like to use this option within an EXPORT_ELEVATION command. Thanks Regards Vincent

Comments

• Jasmine_BMG
    Jasmine_BMG BMG Staff
    edited December 2013
    Hello Vincent,

Assuming the area is already delimited, there is an EDIT_VECTOR command that can be used to generate a centroid point for export to a Simple_ACII, CSV or DXF format.

Under the EDIT_VECTOR commands is the command 'CREATE_LABEL_POINTS', this will specify that a point feature should be created at the centroid/label position of each matching area feature. Use CREATE_LABEL_POINTS=YES to enable.

The EXPORT_ELEV command can be used to include the elevation data.

Global Mapper Scripting Reference

Regards,

Jasmine
  • Vincent
    Vincent Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks Jasmine but I am not sur to fully understand your proposal.
    When I use GlobalMapper normaly, with the interface, the export elevation / Arc ASCII Grid with the option "ADVANCED : Write Center Rather than Corner" works just perfectly for what I want to do.
    As I have hundreds of tiles to export in Arc ASCII Grid format, I just want to make it automatic using the script command. But I could not find this specific option in the script command.
    I understand that this option is not yet available in the script language ?
    Thanks
  • Jasmine_BMG
    Jasmine_BMG BMG Staff
    edited December 2013
    Hi Vincent,

OK, I see what you mean. In the scripting language, there is no way to reproduce that precise function. Depending on what file format you are working with, you can look at using the 'Batch Convert' command found in the interface under the Global Mapper File menu. Select the appropriate File Type and then 'Arc ASCII Grid' to 'convert' to, add the files you would like to export to the Batch conversion and on the lower right you will see the option to 'Use Center enter Rather than Corner Coordinates'.

Sorry, I misunderstood the original inquiry - if what you are/were looking to do is script creating a point feature at the centroid position of an area feature, this is available in Global Mapper script language as the 'CREATE_LABEL_POINTS' command.

The option to '
    Write Center Rather than Corner Coordinates' as part of an 'EXPORT_ELEVATION' command is not currently available as a Global Mapper script command - I will submit an enhancement request to add this as a command to the available scripting options.

If you would like to send your contact information to Application Support at geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com, a member of our staff will notify you when/if this option is added to Global Mapper scripting commands. Otherwise, I shall append this message with the Enhancement Request ID#.

Regards,

Jasmine
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2013
    Vincent,

I've added support for a USE_CENTER_COORDS=YES parameter for the EXPORT_ELEVATION command so you can use that option when scripting. I have placed a new build at http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/global_mapper15.zip with the latest changes for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v15.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit v15 version there is a new build at http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/global_mapper15_64bit.zip .

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • Vincent
    Vincent Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks Mike, this update version works perfectly !
    Great.