Improved Panning and Zooming During Recification

kbelliskbellis Global Mapper UserPosts: 518Trusted User
edited December 2013 in Suggestion Box
The means for panning; i.e., press and drag scroll wheel on mouse, in a normal Global Mapper workspace editing session would be nice to see available in the Raster Rectification editing session - is it possible to improve panning during rectification?

Likewise, when zooming in a normal Global Mapper workspace editing session, the user is able to zoom centric to the cursor's position, and that behavior would also be nice to see carried over into the Raster Rectification editing session.

Also, hitting the Home key when the cursor is over either Referenced (right side of Raster Rectification editing session window) or the raster image being mapped would be great for display the extents, like in a normal Global Mapper workspace editing session.

Incorporation of these navigation improvements in the Raster Rectification editing session would eliminate the need for the Entire Image overview pane (left side of Raster Rectification editing session window) allowing for a boost of screen real estate for the Raster and Referenced panes.

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited December 2013
    I've added these to the todo list (internal item #12632). I think we would still want to show the overview window by default as it's useful even in the main window. We would be able to have an option to turn it off though to allow better use of screen space.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Global Mapper
  • kbelliskbellis Global Mapper User Posts: 518Trusted User
    edited December 2013
    Great - thanks Mike!