Support for DBDBV v6.x

codemousecodemouse Global Mapper UserPosts: 186Trusted User
edited November 2013 in SDK
Mike,

Does the latest SDK support reading DBDBV v6.x? (I have 6.3) Thanks!

Additionally - Did you extend the GM API to be able to query for available resolutions? I can do this with their SDK separately or the command line, just curious if you threw that in (Obviously you do it in your GUI's code).

Brian

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited November 2013
    Brian,

The DBDB-V support is for the v5 data, although it's possible the existing DBDB-V library can also read later versions. If I recall correctly though there was a later version of the library, but it required a bunch of different 3rd-party libraries and was generally a major pain to upgrade to, but I could be remembering incorrectly.

Internally the different resolutions are queried and the user allowed to select the resolution. I could expose that through the SDK, but if you are directly calling their SDK then the dbv5_get_available_resolutions function (might be different in v6 if they changed the API) is what you can use to get them.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • codemousecodemouse Global Mapper User Posts: 186Trusted User
    edited November 2013
    Mike,

Yea there is a dbv6_get_available_resolutions in the new API - I may just go this route.

I just tried in GM 15 and I received this error (tried any sample spacing in a few different areas). It worked with a v5.4 db.

Global Mapper v15.0.6 (b102613) [64-bit]
    Unable to load HDF5 file C:\Users\brian\Desktop\2013-09-05 US Navy OAML DVD DBDB-V v6.3\data\dbdbv6_level0c.h5
    No valid samples found in file.
    HDF5Overlay.cpp - 863
    Version: v15.0.6 (64-bit)
    Build Time: Oct 26 2013 21:05:51
    Use Ctrl+V to Paste Error
    OK
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited November 2013
    It looks like the new API would be needed. I've added a todo item (#12565) and linked to this thread, so when and if we switch to the new v6 API we'll post a link to the new SDK here.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation