export postgis

gisartsgisarts Global Mapper UserPosts: 2
edited October 2013 in Technical Support
error.png
Hi,
I try to write elevation data to postgis. Import from vectordata from the databse goes well.
However, when i try to export elevation data I get the following error.
"Spatial databse connection 'test' does not allow exporting elevation grid data"

globalmapper 15.0
postgis 2.1

any tips.
thanks in advance
gr Fons

Comments

• bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,135
    edited October 2013
    Hello,

Thank you for using Global Mapper.

Global Mapper 15.0 does not support exporting elevation or raster data to a PostGIS database. That functionality is currently on our task list to be implemented in a future version.

Cheers,

Bob
  • Hi there, more than 4 years later, GM version 18.1 & same question:

is it possible to export a raster data (let's say jpeg2000 or ecw) from GM to a postgis database?
    for now I got a display message showing exactly the same thing as gisarts (soooo that's not a good sign right?)

thanks for your answer,

Max
  • bmg_bobbmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer Posts: 2,135
    is it possible to export a raster data (let's say jpeg2000 or ecw) from GM to a postgis database?
    for now I got a display message showing exactly the same thing as gisarts (soooo that's not a good sign right?)

Hello,

Global Mapper does not currently support exporting elevation grids or raster images to a PostGIS database.  The function remains on our task list, but has not been scheduled for implementation.  I have added your information to the feature request.  We will post a message on this thread if the status of the request changes.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • ok  thank you for letting us know.

Cheers
    Max