Global Mapper v25.0

EXPORT_RASTER results in empty PNG-files

OddBob
OddBob Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited August 2013 in Technical Support
Hi!

I have a problem with a script in GM 14.2.4. This script loops through a folder looking for shape-files and exports them to corresponding Geo PNG files. The output files are very small and does not contain any colours as expected. When I try to run through all steps manually in the GM GUI for one of the files it works (open SHP-file, apply the styling file, export raster using palette file). The input shape files have attribute values for the attribute COLOR as specified in the layer style file, they are not empty. I've added the parameter INC_VECTOR_DATA=YES that might help according to other forum posts, but this did not help.

Below is the script and the corresponding layer and palette files.

Script:

GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT VERSION=1.00
UNLOAD_ALL
// Loop over all DEM files in a folder and convert them
DIR_LOOP_START DIRECTORY="D:\Incoming" FILENAME_MASKS="*.SHP" RECURSE_DIR=NO
IMPORT FILENAME="%FNAME_W_DIR%" TYPE=SHAPEFILE PROJ_EPSG_CODE=29902
LOAD_STYLE_FILE FILENAME="D:\Scripts\styles.gm_layer_style"
EXPORT_RASTER INC_VECTOR_DATA=YES FILENAME="%DIR%%FNAME_WO_EXT%.PNG" TYPE=PNG PALETTE="D:\Scripts\palette.pal" SPATIAL_RES=50.0,50.0 GEN_WORLD_FILE=YES
UNLOAD_ALL
// End the loop
DIR_LOOP_END

styles.gm_layer_style:

GM LAYER STYLE FILE
LayerStyle=2
Type=0
AttrName=COLOR
InterpolateNumeric=0
AttrVal=0 255 0
AttrAreaStyle=16711809,0,209,0,0.0
AttrFont=~0~534799372~0.000~0~0
AttrVal=255 0 0
AttrAreaStyle=4278190209,0,209,0,0.0

palette.pal:

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2013
    The LOAD_STYLE_FILE command is designed for loading a style setup for the default types, but not applying it to a particular layer. What you need to do is embed the layer style in the script with a DEFINE_LAYER_STYLE command, then add an AREA_STYLE_NAME parameter to the IMPORT command that references it. This is not documented in the script reference, but to see how to do it just set up your styling in the UI, then save a workspace. You can see how this is done for layer-specific style setup in the .gmw file (also a script).

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • OddBob
    OddBob Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you, Mike! Yes, this solved my problem.

I have previously in other scripts used the DEFINE_LAYER_STYLE embedded in the scripts. And forgot about this... Maybe it's a good idea to add some info reagarding this in the script reference. I do not see anything regarding AREA_STYLE_NAME for the IMPORT command.

My script will now look like this:

GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT VERSION=1.00
    UNLOAD_ALL
    /************ DEFINE LAYER STYLE *************/
    DEFINE_LAYER_STYLE NAME="AREA_STYLE" TYPE="AREA"
    LayerStyle=2
    Type=0
    AttrName=COLOR
    InterpolateNumeric=0
    AttrVal=0 255 0
    AttrAreaStyle=16711809,0,209,0,0.0
    AttrVal=255 0 0
    AttrAreaStyle=4278190209,0,209,0,0.0
    END_DEFINE_LAYER_STYLE

// Loop over all DEM files in a folder and convert them
    DIR_LOOP_START DIRECTORY="D:\Incoming" FILENAME_MASKS="*.SHP" RECURSE_DIR=NO
    IMPORT FILENAME="%FNAME_W_DIR%" TYPE=SHAPEFILE PROJ_EPSG_CODE=29902 AREA_STYLE_NAME="AREA_STYLE"
    EXPORT_RASTER INC_VECTOR_DATA=YES FILENAME="%DIR%%FNAME_WO_EXT%.PNG" TYPE=PNG PALETTE="D:\Scripts\palette.pal" SPATIAL_RES=50.0,50.0 GEN_WORLD_FILE=YES
    UNLOAD_ALL
    // End the loop
    DIR_LOOP_END