Coordinate transform applied to a gmc file fails

hgleixnerhgleixner Global Mapper UserPosts: 85Trusted User
edited June 2013 in Bug Report
Hello,
sometimes I load dgn files with cm units instead of m units. Than I apply the third option of

• Shift Selected Layer(s) a Fixed Distance or Transform Coordinates
    • Specify Coordinate Transformation
I use scale = 0.01 and get the desired result (applied at one file or more).

Unfortunately that procedure doesn't work with gmc files. I get the message "You can't shift the layers that are selected".

Any idea?
Henry

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited June 2013
    Henry,

Just specify the units for the data as Centimeters when selecting the projection on load. That should be available in the units drop-down for most projected systems.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • hgleixnerhgleixner Global Mapper User Posts: 85Trusted User
    edited June 2013
    Mike,
    I know, but the EPSG:31468 system (and others) does not support cm units on load.

Are there chances to support gmc files in the same way as single files consequently?
    Henry
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited June 2013
    Ah those are just alias systems based on a Transverse Mercator with the parameters listed in the attributes section of the Projection dialog. So if you need non-standard units just define the projection as the base Transverse Mercator and then you can use centimeters as the units.

The problem with map catalogs is that the layers aren't all loaded into memory and when a layer goes out of memory any changes to it are lost, so with how the shift works now you would lose the shift as soon as the layer was unloaded from the catalog. Now we could potentially somehow save the shift with the .gmc so it could be applied for every layer as you loaded it, but this would become trouble-some with multiple shifts. If the native projection of each layer is just properly set so that a shift isn't needed then that works already.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation