Global Mapper v25.0

Loading gdb files

nickbart
nickbart Global Mapper User
edited May 2013 in Technical Support
Hi all,
I'm having problems loading a gdb file into GM 14.
Error message I get is;

Unable to load overlay gdb
No feature classes with geometry found in Esri File Geodatabase.
OverlayFactory.cpp - 6649
Version: v14.2.0 (32-bit)
Build Time: May 21 2013 14:35:32

Now, I don't know if it is a problem with the dataset, or GM - anyone able to comment?

Cheers
Nick

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited May 2013
    Nick,

Do you have an Esri license (like ArcGis or ArcMap) on the machine you are running Global Mapper on? If not then the GDB import is limited to just those very limited set of GDB files that Esri provides a free library to read. If you do have a machine with an Esri license then you should also be able to load GDB files with raster and gridded elevation layers in them in addition to any vector data sets.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • nickbart
    nickbart Global Mapper User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Mike,
    thanks for your post - unfortunately I don't have ERSI licenses, hence using GM. I've been able to get the supplier of the data to send it to me as a vector dataset so got around the issue eventually,
    Cheers
    Nick
    Nick,

Do you have an Esri license (like ArcGis or ArcMap) on the machine you are running Global Mapper on? If not then the GDB import is limited to just those very limited set of GDB files that Esri provides a free library to read. If you do have a machine with an Esri license then you should also be able to load GDB files with raster and gridded elevation layers in them in addition to any vector data sets.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation