Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Global Mapper Software LLC is pleased to announce the availability of the first beta of Global Mapper v11.00 at:
Just download that file and run it to install v11.00. It will install alongside any existing Global Mapper version, so you don't have to worry about losing what you're currently working on.
Among the numerous significant changes in this first v11.00 beta are the following:
- Created native 64-bit version of Global Mapper, allowing users of 64-bit versions Windows to work with much larger data sets. This can be downloaded from http://www.globalmapper.com/global_m…etup_64bit.exe
- Added free built-in access to global street-level maps from OpenStreetMap.org via the File->Download Online Imagery menu command.
- Added real-time display of current cursor information (location, distance, elevation) to 3D Path Profile dialog. In addition, you can now also click to define a sub-path on the 3D Path Profile dialog and get information about that sub-path displayed.
- Added support for scaling point symbols, adding custom point symbols from PNG, GIF, and JPG files, and easily creating symbols of custom sizes and colors for common shapes, like dots, squares, etc.
- Added toolbar for Digitizer/Edit Tool to make it easier to perform many commonly used operations.
- Added ability to create new line features by tracing them without clicking at each vertex with the Digitizer/Edit Tool.
- Added ability to rotate and scale features using the Digitizer/Edit Tool.
- Added support for numerous new formats, including Vertical Mapper (MapInfo) Grid, QCT, QED, HTF, SPS, BAG, and many others.
All of the other numerous changes are listed in the What's New document that is displayed during installation.
Prior to the v11.00 release we also plan on adding several other major features, including a map layout tool for more easily creating finished maps, PDF export, DWG export, access to better world-wide imagery, support for combining area features, and support for exporting new multi-band files.
Here is a temporary registration key so that you can try everything out in the beta for 14 days:
While we plan on officially releasing v11.00 in about 1 month, for those of you that just can't wait to purchase new licenses and upgrades to existing licenses, you can purchase those now from
$296.65 – Purchase Global Mappper v11: http://www.globalmapperforum.com/purchase11
$116.10 – Upgrade Global Mapper v10 – v11: http://www.globalmapperforum.com/upgrade11
Pricing for upgrades from v10 is
$129 $116.10 US per license and pricing for new licenses are $349 $296.65 US for a single license with price breaks for multi-license purchases.