Global Mapper 15
    Global Mapper User

Default DWG and DXF Export options

Hi,

Would it be possible to select an attribute name to choose the layers of features when exporting, rather than by description, display label, or source file name?

Also, I'd like to be able to export display labels into different dxf/dwg layers. I can do this at the moment selecting by attribute and exporting separate files. But the text layer in the dxf is always called the same thing (FEATUREATTRIB)

A.

Administrator

What you can do is change the display label to be based on an attribute on the options dialog for a layer, then export with the layer based on the display label.

If you choose the option to 'Include Display Labels as Separate Text Layer' when exporting your DXF/DWG files you should get a separate layer with all of the display labels in it.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com

Global Mapper User

Thnaks, I've been using that attribute-as-name method for a while. What I could really do with though is for the text itself to be put into seperate layers.. It's not overly complicated to do it manually... I was just hoping for a lazy way!