Global Mapper Software LLC is excited to announce the availability of our next release, Global Mapper v12.02, at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_m...etup_v1202.exe. Just download that file and run it to install v12.02. If you need the 64-bit version you can download and install that from http://www.globalmapper.com/global_m...1202_64bit.exe .
Numerous significant enhancements and bug fixes have been made to Global Mapper for this release. The most significant changes are described below:
- Added built-in access to additional online Worldwide Imagery, Street Maps, MapQuest OSM Street Maps, and Topo Maps using the File->Download Online Imagery/Data menu command.
- Added new MapMart On Demand premium data source to the File->Download Online Imagery/Data menu command. This source provides easy access to the large library of data sets that MapMart.com provides.
- Added support for loading data from WCS (Web Coverage Service) data sources using the File->Download Online Imagery/Data menu command.
- Added new right-click option to Control Center to allow splitting a loaded vector layers into new layers based on the feature description, type, name, or any attribute value. The new layers will automatically be grouped under the original layer name.
- Updated creation of strike-and-dip points to allow dragging along the strike/dip direction when placing the points to automate selection of value.
- Added built-in support for NAD83 (CSRS) [Canadian Spatial Reference System] datum transformations.
All of the other numerous changes are listed in the What's New document that is displayed during installation.
Global Mapper v12.02 is a free upgrade for any existing registered v12 users. Pricing for new Global Mapper v12 licenses is $349 US for a new single license, $299 US per license for 2-19 licenses, and $249 US per license for 20 or more licenses. Users with licenses for Global Mapper v11.xx can purchase an upgrade to v12.02 for only $129 US per license. Site license pricing is also available on request. As always, upgrades and new licenses can be purchased from the Purchase page at http://www.globalmapper.com.
Let me know if you have any problems or questions.
Global Mapper Software LLC