Download Global Mapper v16 Trial
Global Mapper software is compatible with Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP (32 and 64-bit versions), Windows Vista (32 and 64-bit versions), Windows 7/8 (32 and 64-bit versions), and Windows Server 2003/2008/2012. The minimum system requirements are 64 MB of RAM and 100 MB of hard drive space for the installation.
Please use the appropriate installer below to download the latest version of Global Mapper:
||Global Mapper 15.xx to 16.xx Upgrade
||LiDAR Module v15-v16 Upgrade
||Global Mapper 16
||LiDAR Module v16
||Multiple, Enterprise and Academic Pricing
Payment processing for Global Mapper is provided by MyCommerce.com (a Digital River company) MyCommerce offers the following secure payment options:
Numerous significant enhancements and new features have been made to Global Mapper since v15. The most significant changes are described below. Please watch the “What’s New in version 16″ webinar (coming soon).
- Dramatically faster processing speeds by leveraging multiple cores, significantly reducing the processing time required for operations like contour generation, view-shed calculations, gridding, and re-projecting layers that cover a large area of the world.
- Many significant updates and new tools for working with 3D data
- Support for several 3D formats, for a complete list click here
- The ability to link the 2D and 3D viewer so panning, zooming, and adding vector features will automatically replicate in both windows
- New toolbar and support for setting up and recording HD 3D fly-through video
- Support for a Skybox in 3D, rendering a sky simulation
- Improved support for draping vector data in 3D
- Support for tracking GPS in 3D
- Support for 3D textures and meshes into GMP files
- New graphing and charting tools, useful for vector and raster analysis
- Added operations for bar graph, histogram, line chart, or pie chart from any attribute field in loaded vector layers
- Histograms for gridded terrain layers
- Save graphs to a BMP file and place it on the map as a fixed screen position layer
- Graph definitions are saved in the workspace file for easy saving and sharing
- Added option to export selected layers from Control Center
- Updated ASTER GDEM v2 worldwide terrain data set for higher resolution and much faster server
- Merged all functionality from the Global Energy Mapper Module into the base product of Global Mapper v16 and higher
- And Much Much More!!!!
A number of usability enhancements including re-organizing the digitizer right click menus and introduction of a customizable Favorites menu for one-click access to the digitizer tool functionality
Many other enhancements and bug fixes were made as well. See the What’s New page at http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/global-mapper/ for a complete list of changes.