Download Global Mapper v15 Trial
Global Mapper software is compatible with Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP (32 and 64-bit versions), Windows Vista (32 and 64-bit versions), Windows 7/8 (32 and 64-bit versions), and Windows Server 2003/2008/2012. The minimum system requirements are 64 MB of RAM and 100 MB of hard drive space for the installation.
Please use the appropriate installer below to download the latest version of Global Mapper:
Global Mapper Forum.com has partnered with Blue Marble Geographics to offer some of the lowest available pricing on Global Mapper. You will not find a lower advertised price for Global Mapper online. These links incorporate exclusive pricing coupons that only works on this site. If for some reason, the advertised price is not displayed, please clear your browser cookies and try again. We offer also enterprise and academic pricing. Please see our pricing page or contact us for more information.
||Price with Coupon Code
||Global Mapper 14.xx to 15.xx Upgrade
||Global Mapper 15: 32 bit
||Global Mapper 15: 64 bit
||Global Mapper LiDAR Module
||Multiple, Enterprise and Academic Pricing
Payment processing for Global Mapper is provided by MyCommerce.com (a Digital River company) MyCommerce offers the following secure payment options:
Numerous significant enhancements and new features have been made to Global Mapper since v14. The most significant changes are described below. Please watch the “What’s New in version 15″ webinar (coming soon).
- Added support for feature extension plugins to Global Mapper. These allow 3rd-parties and customers to create add-ins to Global Mapper to extend the functionality through their own toolbars and/or menu items. The feature extensions will have access to all data loaded in the Global Mapper application instance through same API used by the Global Mapper SDK. There is an item under the Help menu for managing the installation and registration of feature extension plugins and add-in modules. There are 2 extensions included with the install, a COAST extension allowing cost-analysis of sea level rise simulations, and a Map Overview extension to allow adding a separate map window allowing easy navigation around the entirety of the loaded data.
- Added separately licensed Lidar module with advanced Lidar analysis functionality. See Lidar Changes section below for details. The licensing is handled under a new Help menu option for working with module and feature extension licenses.
- Added Raster Calculator under Analysis menu for performing mathematical operations on multi-band imagery to extract different types of information. You can use pre-defined formulas, like NDVI and NDWI, or create your own free-hand formulas using common mathematical operations, like addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and powers, as well as simple operators like absolute value, minimum value, and maximum value of 2 values.
- Added option to adjust the elevation shader colors based on just the elevations in the current view. There is a new option on the Vertical Options tab of the Configuration dialog to enable this behavior. It allows easily pulling out localized elevation differences when you zoom in to an area with small relief changes relative to the entirety of the loaded data.
- New Supported Formats
- Added support for importing and exporting 3D PDF files. Underlying data format in PDF 3D Annotations may be U3D or PRC. We do not support the less common PRC format at this time.
- Added support for CMIP5 HDF5 data sets with sea surface temperatures.
- Added support for loading text files with the coordinates stored as ECEF (Earth-Centered Earth-Fixed) coordinates. The Coordinate Format drop-down on the ASCII Text Import dialog has an option to specify that the coordinates are ECEF.
- Added support for GCP (control-point) files with the pixel coordinates specified as a percentage value rather than an absolute pixel coordinate. So if you have text placement files with just the corner coordinates you can easily add 0% or 100% for the X and Y pixel coordinates of each corner to get a good placement.
- Added support for loading ANUGA Rainfall and Greenland Terrain NetCDF format files.
- Digitizer Tool Changes
- Added option to automatically download and/or load files/web links associated with an attribute of selected features. This is a very powerful feature allowing you to easily download files associated with features (like coverage areas) from online server or load from local disk. This option is on the right-click Attribute submenu when one or more features is selected.
- Added option to create numbered points along a distance/bearing/COGO line. The points start at a specified number and increase by 1 for each vertex.
- Added option to copy attributes from line features to area features.
- Added option to create radial lines at some fixed angle interval when creating a range ring.
- Updated option to crop selected areas to a selected line to allow cropping areas to multiple selected lines at once.
- And Much Much More!!!!
A number of usability enhancements including re-organizing the digitizer right click menus and introduction of a customizable Favorites menu for one-click access to the digitizer tool functionality
Many other enhancements and bug fixes were made as well. See the What’s New page at http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/global-mapper/ for a complete list of changes.
Here are the links to update previous versions of Global Mapper to the latest builds. These links are not the full installations but merely contain updates to small bugs, patches and user feature requests.
Global Mapper 14