Global Mapper v25.0

How to save edited layers?

Lets say that I load 10 LAS files, do some reclassification and want to save the changes to the original files. How to do that?    

Answers

• Anser from BM:

The example script in the link below has most of the commands that will be needed for this workflow via scripting.

http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/knowledgebase/global-mapper-19-0-2-v2/#cmd/LAYER_LOOP_START.htm#LAYER_LOOP_START

For this script, you can copy and paste the sample text to a new text file. The below line is what will need to be changed in the script for your workflow.

EXPORT_RASTER FILENAME="%LAYER_DIR%%LAYER_FNAME_WO_EXT%_loop.tif" FORMAT=GEOTIFF

Instead.. you will want to use the line below

EXPORT_VECTOR FILENAME="%LAYER_DIR%%LAYER_FNAME_WO_EXT%.las" OVERWRITE_EXISTING=YES TYPE=LIDAR_LAS

This scripting workflow will be easiest if all of your lidar files are in a common folder. Additionally, I recommend loading all the lidar files first and then make the changes that are needed. Once you've made those changes, navigate to File > Run Script. Make sure the checkbox 'Run Script in Context of the Main View' is selected as this will use the files that are currently loaded. 

I have now tried it yet, but it looks to be the way to do it.