Global Mapper v25.0

Load an mdb file

Primeribfan
Primeribfan Global Mapper User
I have a file with an mdb extension that contains bathymetry contours, that is normally loaded into a GIS program. I would like to load into GM, but despite trying a large number of options in the "select overlay type" menu (eg Microsoft Access Database), it will not load.

I have also opened this file in MS Access, and it just seems to show gibberish (see below)

Anyone able to help? I am able to share the file if it helps

mdb.JPG 88.9K

Comments

• Primeribfan
    I should add that I searched the forum for mdb references, and they all seemed quite old, and not relevant,
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

What version of Global Mapper are you using?

That file looks like a GeoMedia Access Warehouse.  Try choosing that for the format when you load it into Global Mapper.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Primeribfan
    Sorry for the late response, but tried loading as GeoMedia Access Warehouse, but nothing happened... ie not even an error.
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Sorry for the late response, but tried loading as GeoMedia Access Warehouse, but nothing happened... ie not even an error.
    At this point, I suggest that you report this issue directly to Blue Marble Geographics Support via email. Please include a detailed description of your workflow, and the MDB file you are trying to load.

Cheers,
    Bob