Global Mapper v25.0

Legend LIDAR

Hello.
I would like to ask if there is any way to assign colors to the different types of classification of lidar points (terrain, vegetation, etc.).

Also I would like to know if it is possible to put on the map a legend with the colors assigned to each type of points lidar classified.

Thank you for everything and a cordial greeting.

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited April 2017
    Hello,

At the moment, Global Mapper does not have a way to specify colors for LiDAR classifications or automatically create a legend showing LiDAR classification colors.  I have added items 21450 and 21451 to our task list so we can evaluate adding these functions to a future version of Global Mapper.  We will post a message on this thread when the status of the requests changes.

EDIT: Sorry...that part is wrong.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • bmg_mike
    bmg_mike Global Mapper Guru Moderator, Trusted User
    There actually is a way to change the color used for different Lidar classifications. To do this, go to the Lidar tab of the Configuration dialog, then right-click on the Lidar classification of interest, then select the 'Set Class Color' option to change the color used.

You should be able to add a map legend of the loaded types by going to the Display Options->Map Legend tab of the Configuration dialog, then set the map legend type to 'Display Legend Based on Loaded Vector Types'. However when I just tried this it is not working. I will investigate what has happened and get that working for Lidar types again.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/
  • Hello

Use Terrascan to assign the colors for the point cloud, if colors are assigned while capturing  the LAS.
    Thanks,
    Nats