Global Mapper v25.0

Blending different data sets

Hello,
I am trying to overlay a set of patches of elevation data obtained by drone survey and SFM to large coverage data similar to Aster. I can import them fine and it all works great but i would need to blend the fine data in the coarse one smoothly and not suddenly as it happens when just overlaying them. Is there such a function or workaround? 
Best regards 
Michele
Tagged:

Comments

• You can use the Feathering tab found under Options to blend the edges of your surface(s) with the Aster below.
    1. Select the layer(s) you want to soften e.g. one or more of the drone surface grids
    2. Options (at the bottom of the Overlay Control Center)
    3. Feathering
    4. Choose a relevant radio button (see bullet list below)
    5. Set the 'Border Size in Pixels (distance it will feather in pixels - you can go back and change this distance so feel free to experiment)
    • If your data is rectangular then choose 'Feather Along One or More Edges'
    • If your data is irregular you will need to create a polygon/coverage area to use with 'Feather Within Currently Selected Polygon(s). Just make sure you select it with the Digitizer Tool first
    • If required you can export out the final composite surface using File > Export > Export Elevation Grid Format 
    Regards,
    Steve
  • Thanks a lot.
    Exactly what I was looking for!