Global Mapper v25.0

Any options to export TIN to LandXML in GM

I  have a TIN generated in ARC and i need the OUTPUT as LANDXML format. Pls suggest 

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

We have added the ability to export Tin Face features to LandXML in Global Mapper 18.1.  You can try this out in the latest daily build.  

What format does the ArcGIS TIN file use?  The native format is proprietary, and cannot be imported directly into Global Mapper.  You would need to export it as a shapefile.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • HI Bob,

I tried to export the same as  you suggested but i Couldn't  find the option!!! could you pls elaborate  the proceedings of it so that i can check it at my end.

Regards,
    Nats(Natraj)

• bmg_bob
    Nats said:

I tried to export the same as  you suggested but i Couldn't  find the option!!! could you pls elaborate  the proceedings of it so that i can check it at my end.

Hello Nats,

Try File | Export | Export Vector/Lidar Format..., then choose Land/XML File from the format list.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • dmgross
    dmgross Global Mapper User

I'm running into a strange issue where the land/xml file is reporting as metric, even though all the data and all the settings I have set are US Survey feet. We were not experiencing this issue in earlier builds.

Global Mapper v18.1.0 (b022117) [64-bit] [+Lidar] - REGISTERED

Thank you for your help-

Daniel

• bmg_bob
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

I think this is a bug that has been fixed.  I recommend that you download the latest version of Global Mapper.  If the problem persists in the latest version, please send a description of your workflow, a copy of your data (if possible), and the results to Blue Marble Geographics Support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).  This will ensure that the support team will be notified of the problem and can work on a solution.

Cheers,
    Bob