Global Mapper v25.0

Creating JOIN TABLE using more than one field

aswicks
aswicks Global Mapper User
edited January 2012 in Technical Support
Greetings Mike,

I have TIGER State/County SHP files loaded and a CSV data file with data identifiable by STATE FIPS and COUNTY FIPS. Is there any way in GM13 to be able to do a JOIN TABLE using both the STATE FIPS and COUNTY FIPS at the same time. If not, then I have to create separate CSV files for each state.

Thanks,
Alan Wicks
Kennewick, WA

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2012
    Alan,

You can't currently join against multiple attributes (just added that to todo list though), but you could use the calculate attributes option in the Control Center to create a new attribute that combines the state and county fips into one field, then if you can do the same in your attribute table you could join on that.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • aswicks
    edited January 2012
    Mike,
    While making the changes to GM, might you make it possible to create something like: SELECT STFIPS=3 AND STFIPS=6 WHERE CROPCODE=3456789 AND YEAR=2006

Sort of like creating a Query String in SQL or something.

Thanks,
    Alan S. Wicks
    Kennewick, WA
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2012
    Alan,

That exact kind of thing is on our todo list, but will probably be a bit longer than just a simple addition to allow multiple join columns.

Thanks,

Mike
  • aswicks
    edited January 2012
    Mike,
    I started with GM with version 8. You efforts just keep making it better. I am patient and know that it will happen some day.
    ALAN