Global Mapper v25.0

raster urgent

energy
energy Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited January 2012 in Technical Support
Hii all

I try to create a google earth presentation
open a raster into GM13(georeferenced) I know its z values of four corners, how can I add elevation its corner? and how can I see its 3d.I mean when I created rectangular area shape I add the elevation its four corners.

thanks from now

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2012
    If you have an area feature created with the elevation values at each corner you can then select that area with the Digitizer Tool, then right-click and select the Advanced Feature Creation submenu option to create/flatten terrain from the area. Then just put the terrain layer behind the raster layer in the Control Center then it should drape on that surface in the 3D view.

Of course you could also load a full terrain data set with the File->Download Online Imagery/Data menu command and get a much better visualization than just 4 corners.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • energy
    energy Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2012
    I can export raster image for kml-kmz and I'd like to see as vertical(perpendicular) this raster ,snap the terrain, stratigraphic cross-section or stratigraphic column section while I am touring the GE ,this looks so good, I can do with creating rectangular area feature for exeple I create a rectangular area, and south:4000000m,north:4000010m,west:350000m,east:355000m; and then add the elevation ,for north left :1000m,north right:1000m south left:0,south right:0, and then export it as kml-kmz, that look like approximately perpendicular ,snap to terrain, its widith:500m height:1000m and near vertically, I'd like to create raster image for kml-kmz as like area feature

thanks..
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2012
    So do you want your raster image to be displayed floating above the terrain in GE after exporting from Global Mapper? Currently the raster KML/KMZ export from Global Mapper just generates a new raster image overlay that drapes on top of the GE terrain surface. There isn't any way to get that to float above the ground in GE.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com