Global Mapper v25.0

GM support for new TTQV5 calibration files .calx

Haribo
Haribo Global Mapper User
edited November 2011 in Suggestion Box
Dear development team,

I purchased GM12 and recently upgraded to GM13 to import calibrated maps from TTQV software into GM and edit/convert them into ECW and others which worked great based on Version TTQV4.
However the new TTQV5 version does not support the calibration .cal files any more but makes .calx files which are not compatible at all to import into GM13.

I'm very disappointed that I'm not able any more to use my workflow with TTQV5 and GM13. There is currently a discussion of other GM and TTQV5 users in the TTQV forum and I understand there are more and more users facing this problem in future.

I would highly appreciate if you could integrate the .calx format in addition to the .cal format in GM13 which would lead to future compatibility between the new GM13 and the new TTQV5. I'm firmly convinced many users would be very greatful if you found a solution in GM for that issue.

Best regards
Harry

Comments

• Johnny
    Johnny Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited November 2011
    Good idea!
    I would highly appreciate if GM 13 would be able to also open the new TTQV5 maps with calx files!
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2011
    Do you have any sample .calx files? Hopefully they are a simple text file like .cal files and then I could add support for them to Global Mapper without too much trouble.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Haribo
    Haribo Global Mapper User
    edited November 2011
    Do you have any sample .calx files? Hopefully they are a simple text file like .cal files and then I could add support for them to Global Mapper without too much trouble.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com

Dear Mike,
    thanks for your kind assitance. I have to regret, after checking with TTQV I learned that the .calx file seems not to be the format which could or should be used with external programs.
    Sorry for this

kind regards
    Harry