Global Mapper v25.0

COMBINE_LINES scripting command

kartoone76
kartoone76 Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited April 2010 in Technical Support
Is there an option with the new COMBINE_LINES scripting command to specify that only compatible features be combined? For now it appears that all connecting lines are combined even if they are not of compatible types (e.g., interstate gets combined with residential road).

From within Global Mapper, you can select all features with the digitizer tool, right-click and select "Combine selected features" and you are presented with the following dialog message:

"Some of the lines that you selected to combine have conflicting labels, descriptions, and/or attribute values. Would you like to combine line features even if they have conflicting values?"
YES - combine any connecting line features
NO - only combine compatible features

If you click, NO everything works perfectly the way I would like it to and I am wondering if there is a way to replicate this behavior in the COMBINE_LINES scripting command.

Thanks!

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2010
    I have added support for adding a COMPATIBLE_ONLY=YES parameter to the COMBINE_LINES command to specify that you only want compatible lines to be combined. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit version, there is a new build available at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • tjhb
    tjhb Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2010
    This is really useful Mike. Quite a powerful feature.

As so often, I didn't know it was there in the GUI. But now in scripting as well, brilliant.